Tulips are effortlessly elegant and can easily brighten homes with their vibrant array of colors. While tulips naturally grow in rich soils, there is a way to bring bulbs to bloom indoors without even an inch of dirt! Here are the simple steps how to grow them in vases. You may need to exercise just a little patience.
What You’ll Need:
- large, early-blooming bulbs
- a tall vase
- glass beads （pebbles or river rocks also work）
How to do:
- Place glass beads in vase—fill up about 1-2 inches, depending on the size of your container.
- Place bulb on glass beads.
- Surround the bulb with more glass beads for support.
- Fill vase with water until about 1 inch away from the bottom of the bulb.
- Move the vase to a cool, dark place. The bulbs should be in this environment for 4-6 weeks. This is meant to simulate the dormant. Tulips need cool period in order for the roots to grow well. Then, they can be brought out into the light.
Click below link for detail