This Sweet Potato Vine plant looks fantastic and is an easy project for the whole family. Sweet potatoes are easy and inexpensive to grow. We can use these plants decorative for home, and perfect for a kitchen windowsill.
You can grow them any time of the year and it’s an excellent activity for children to try their hand at gardening. Just follow the next steps, you will have beautiful sweet potato vines. By the way, do you know that sweet potato leaves are edible?
How to make:
- Take a sweet potato that has several eyes.
- Stick four or more toothpicks or shortened skewers into the middle of the potato. Suspend the potato in a wide-mouth glass jar resting the toothpicks on the glass rim to support the potato. Fill the jar with water until it covers some of the eyes on the bottom of the potato.
- Place the jar in an area with filtered light and watch the roots grow and the eyes sprout.
- When the plant has developed a good root system and has grown at least three leaves on each sprout, move it to a pot and cover the roots and the potato with soil.
- Clip the ends of the vines when they reach eight to 10 inches long to encourage a bushier plant. Fertilize the plant on a regular basis and enjoy the beautiful results.
Click below link for Video tutorial: