Apple cider vinegar has been used for centuries as a home remedy for various conditions. It has been shown to have many health benefits, including lower blood sugar, weight loss, and can even help improve symptoms of diabetes. One of it’s main uses is Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat Eczema.
Eczema is a term used to describe a group of skin conditions in which the skin becomes inflamed and irritated. It displays itself as dry, itchy, skin that can develop lesions or blisters.
How Does Apple Cider Vinegar Work
Raw and unfiltered organic apple cider vinegar (ACV) is full of vitamins, mineral and substances such as carotenoids, flavonoids, isoflavones and protease inhibitors. These nutrients feed and modulate the immune system and improve skin health.
For example, beta-carotene promotes skin regeneration while fiber improves digestive health to flush out toxins. On the other hand, potassium balances pH balance of the skin to reduce inflammation and irritation. Vinegar also works as an antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic agent to fight any infection causing the skin condition.
Ways to Treat Eczema
Thus Apple cider vinegar is an excellent home remedy for these things, whether it’s used to treat acne, tone skin or condition your hair, apple cider vinegar can be used for just about anything. Here are five ways you can Use Apple Cider Vinegar To Treat Eczema.
1. Use Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar
Pure apple cider vinegar can burn and sting the skin if applied directly, that why it’s better to mix it with water.
- To use, mix equal part vinegar and water in a small cup. For sensitive skin, dilute 1/3 cup of vinegar for every 3 cups of water.
- Pour mixture into a spray bottle or sealed container.
- Apply directly to the skin using a cotton ball or simply spray the solution directly onto your skin.
- Use in the morning and at night for relief.
2. Take a Vinegar Bath
If you experience large patched of eczema on your body, nightly vinegar baths will help your manage your condition.
- To use, pour 1-2 cups of apple cider vinegar into warm but not hot water.
- For extra relief, add a 1/3 a cup of coconut oil.
- Soak for at least half an hour for best results.
3. Soothing Syrup
Soothe your body internally by taking with yummy mix. Pregnant, diabetic and people taking prescription medication should consult their doctor before taking apple cider vinegar orally.
- Mix a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into 16 oz. of hot water.
- Add a teaspoon of blackstrap molasses, honey, or maple syrup to the water to make it easier to stomach.
- Take it up to 3 times a day, half an hour before meals.
- Keep your skin moisturized with coconut oil for best results. You can also apply it on your skin as a balm, wrapping the wound with a clean bandage.
4. Simple Apple Cider Vinegar Drink
For everyday relief, mix 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a cup of hot water.
Drink twice a day, with or without honey. To prevent damage to your enamel, dirnk the mixture through a stainless steel straw.
5. Fizzy Eczema Tea
This tea may be hard to drink at first, but it really provides relief.
- Pour two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar into a cup and add a 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Mix and let it rest until it longer fizzes.
- Add half a cup of water and a bit of honey or tea to improve taste.