How delicious does this look! I can’t wait to try this. I think my kids will love it.
Ingredients (for about 11 roses):
- 1 puff pastry sheet (about 250g – 1/2lbs)
- 3 apples
- 5 Tbsp granulated sugar (White or brown or a mix of both)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp of warm apricot jam
- Slice the apples in very thin slices.
- Place the apples into a saucepan, cover it with warm water, add 2 Tbsp sugar and the lemon juice. Bring the water to boil, (not more than 2 minutes) until the apple slices turn soft and flexible.
- Use strainer to drain the apples, place them a clean cloth or paper towel and let the dry and cool off about 15 minutes.
- Mix 3 Tbsp of sugar with the cinnamon,vanilla.
- The puff pastry sheet down on a baking sheet , sprinkle it with the sugar-cinnamon mixture and cut with a pastry cutter long 15 cm and 1/2 inch wide stripes.
- Preheat the oven to 390 F / 200 C
- Take the apple slices and place them on the strips, overlapping them this will make the rose.
- Rolling, making sure it is fairly tightly rolled.
- Place these roses in a muffin pan.
- Bake it for 25-30 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Brush the still warm roses with hot apricot jam