I love sweet potatoes, I love French fries, so I must try this sweet potato fries. This recipe requires only three ingredient, sweet potato, a little oil and corn starch. Soak sweet potato strips in water at less an hour, toss in cornstarch, drizzle with olive oil bake 15 minutes at 425, flip and bake 5-10 minutes. I think my kids will like dipping with yogurt.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2-3 Tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into fries no thicker than 1/2″.
- Soak in water for minimum of one hour, but preferably for half a day.
- Drain water from bowl.
- Put cornstarch in a plastic bag and drop all of your fries in. Blow a little air into the bag, twist the top and shake it vigorously.
- Lift the fries out onto one or two baking sheets.
- Coat with Olive Oil. The more the crispier and less sticking you’ll have, but the less healthy they’ll be. Use 2 pans if you have to. You want to make sure the fries aren’t crowded on the pan otherwise they’ll steam as opposed to getting crispy.
- Bake for 15 minutes then check. Once bottom of fries are getting crisp, flip them over and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
Mix together mayo, pepper and Sriracha sauce. Adjust to your taste.
Source from here