These mini calzones are perfect as an appetizer to serve to family or guests.
- 2 sheets of pie crust.
- 5 tomatoes sliced thin.
- a Tablespoon Herbs (Rosemary,oregano, basil or any Italian herbs)
- Cream cheese, Parmesan, Mozzarella, Romano (or a blended package of fine shredded cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend the herbs and cheeses together
- Prepare a dough for pie crust.
- Make a mixture of cream cheese, mozzarella, and Parmesan
- Add dried or fresh herbs to it.
- Add salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Cut tomatoes in round slices.
- Roll the pie crust dough in two round discs.
- Place tomato slices over the first disc as shown and spoon the cheese and herb mixture on top of every slice.
- Cover the cheese tomatoes with the second dough disc. Now the areas with tomatoes and cheese will be clearly seen as bulging circles.
- Make discs of those areas with a glass as shown. While doing this make sure the sides are sealed.
- Bake them at 375 F until golden and enjoy.