A few simple steps bread can be made into the shape of an ice cream cone. Not only do these bread cones look interesting but also they have the great home made taste. It is so creative to make some foil cones and wrap them with dough to make these lovely bread cones. Stuffed them with various filling, such as a quick salad , scrambled eggs…The filling options are endless and can make a great appetizer for friend or family gatherings. You can also consider filling them with fruits and sweet pastry cream. They are simply amazing.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups bread flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Use cardboard make cones, and wrap them completely with foil.
- Knead bread dough.
- Rest the dough in a warm place till become double in size .
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and roll into long rope shaped.
- Wrap the dough rope around the cones.
- Brush beaten egg over the cones and sprinkle poppy or sesame seeds.
- Rest for 30 minutes in a warm environment.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 18 – 22 minutes or till golden brown.
- Place onto a wire rack and allow to cool for a couple minutes before removing the tubes.
- Fill them with your favorite salad
More detail here
Video instructions :