Cookies can be presented in a number of ways. Here is a simple recipe how to make button shaped cookies.
Ingredients: (32 cookies for reference)
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 stick butter
- 1/3 or 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Rub the yolks with the sugar and vanilla.
- Add soft butter and stir thoroughly.
- Add the flour portion and mix.
- Put half of the dough to another container.
- Add cocoa in the second half of the dough and mix.
- Put both types of dough in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the light dough into a layer of a thickness of about 5-7 mm.
- Cut out round shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Add an inner ring by gently pressing into dough, but not cutting through to the end.
- Use a drinking straw to poke four holes in the center of each cookies.
- Move them onto a baking sheet, laid with a baking paper.
- Put in a preheated 180 degree oven. Bake for about 20 minutes. Enjoy.