This beautiful cupcake is a great choice for birthday, wedding, baby shower and other occasions.
- 1/4 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup of glucose
- 2 tablespoons of solid vegetable shortening
- 1 tablespoon of Glycerin
- 8 cups of confectioners sugar (sifted)
- 1 table spoon + 2 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin
- Combine gelatin and cold water. Let stand to thicken for 3 min. Heat and stir until dissolved. Add Glucose and mix well. Stir in shortening, just before completely melted remove from heat and add glycerin and flavoring.
- In large bowl add 2 cups of confectioners sugar. Make a well and pour gelatin mixture in the center. Stir with a wooden spoon slowly adding in sugar as you mix. Stir until stickiness disappears. Knead in remaining sugar until the fondant is smooth, pliable, and does not stick to your hands. If it is too soft, then add more sugar. If it is too stiff, then add more water ( A drop at a time)
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in a cool dry place. You can store up to 1 week if refrigerated.