If you’ve been suffering from the heat wave, those Chocolate Covered Frozen Banana & Peanut Butter Bites are the perfect treat for you. Once you start popping these little bites, you aren’t going to want to stop! A perfect, simple healthy summer treat to satisfy your sweet teeth.
What you will need:
- 4 bananas
- 10 ounces baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or yogurt etc
- lollipop sticks or toothpicks (option)
- Cut the bananas into your desired size of bites ( about 1/2 inch long). Place in a single layer on a foil or parchment-covered baking sheet.
- Apply about a 1/2 teaspoon of peanut butter on each banana slice.
- Top one with another banana slice
- Place in the freezer for about 1 hour
- Melt baking chocolate in the microwave. Microwave for 45 seconds on medium power and stir. Repeat this until chocolate is fully melted and smooth in texture.
- Dip the bananas. Place dipped bananas back onto the baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Freezer about 2 hours, or until chocolate is firm.
- Serve immediately or re-freeze.
Photo source here