Blooming Sunflower Bread looks so yummy. It isn’t difficult, but much easier than you imagine. You can make this as part of your daily meals if you enjoy making your own bread, or you can save it for special occasions.
What you will need:
- 300 g of flour
- 400 g of strong flour
- 250 ml of milk
- 25 g of baker’s yeast
- 100 ml of olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tsp of salt
- olive oil
- pizza cutter
- pastry brush
- sesame seeds
- Roll circles out of bread dough.
- Stack these circles with egg brushed between every two layers.
- Cut segments in the middle of the stacked circles as shown in the photo and bring each segment outward.
- After all the petals are out you will be left with a circular empty space. For that roll small circles,
- Layer them and put them in the space.
- Repeat the same process and make their petals too.
- After the second layer of petals is done you will be left with a smaller circle.
- Fill that with a round disc of dough.
- Brush egg on all the bread and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes at 200°C/400°F and then 20 minutes at 180°C/354°C or until beautifully golden.