What a creative idea to make rainbow roses in this way. This is gonna be a very special gift to your loved one.
You will need:
- four glasses
- food coloring
- For pure colors you need to choose a white rose that is near its blooming stage, for on the dark-colored roses your rainbow colors will not show through and a rose already in its blooming stage will accept the color faster.
- Trim the stem of the rose down to the length you want.
- Cut the bottom of the stem in four at an angle. Make sure that the cut is deep enough to fit the dyeing containers.
- Split the stem into four sections using a sharp blade. This cut should go up to 3 cm away from the base of your rose petals. The four sections determine the number of colors your rainbow will have. Prepare the dyeing containers by combining a few food coloring into four water glasses. Note that the more food coloring you use the stronger your rainbow will glow.
- Place every stem section into a container with a different colored water. Leave everything to sit for a few days.
- Some coloring will be noticed within the first half of hour, but for as long as the rose sits there, the more vibrant your colors will be. Enjoy!